Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 71 - Lucky Dragonflies ATC

This is a hand drawn artist trading card (ATC) that I did with pencil and marker.  While I like paper collaging my art passion is really watercolor and drawing.  I think I've gotten better at drawing and are actually seeing things in terms of shapes and lines instead of what is just there.

When I say that I mean this: A face is not just a face to me anymore rather an arrangement of lines, curves, and shapes.  If I draw according to this I notice that what I am drawing turns out better than if I just try to draw "what I see".

My other passion, one of many, are butterflies and dragonflies, so I really enjoyed making this card.

This is Day 71's ATCs that I submitted in the 2010 Project ATC 365.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails