I first used the tools I had, which equated to a sculpture tool, thin end paint brush without the end, a 2/2.25MM crochet needle, and a stylus. While you can see what looks like scratch marks up close on the scan, it doesn't look like this when you just look at the card.
I ordered some actual metal embossing tools tonight from Dick Blick and should get them around the 15th of January with their super saver shipping and then I plan on getting serious with this new found fun thing to do!
This first one is called Water Lily and is based off of a piece of art that I hand drew last year. When I was done with the embossing I used alcohol ink to color it in. I think it's pretty, but the jury is still out on the alcohol ink.