Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 62 - Always Wonderful Friends

This is a stamped image colored in with colored pencil.  I dedicate this artist trading card to my artistic friends out there that I have made over the last 2 years.  Friendship is important to me and I only have a handful of really close friends.  Getting older puts a different outlook on relationships and how important family and friends really are.

Growing up I could care less about having friends because it seemed trivial.  I was happy to be alone and independent.  Of course, family was always important to me and I still stress this to my children.  I have lived in several states now and I can honestly say that the friendships I made in Colorado have turned out to be the longest lasting friendships I have ever had.

I tell my children constantly that "when your friends are gone; your family will always be there".  I also tell them things like "you can do anything you set your mind to" and my favorite; "I will love you no matter what and if you want to be the best waitress in a restaurant, I will be happy for you!"

This is Day 62's ATCs that I submitted in the 2010 Project ATC 365.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails