Sunday, February 6, 2011

Alcohol Ink & Citra-Solv Backgrounds

I am finally conquering my fear of alcohol ink and used it recently to make some backgrounds for my ATCs.  I have both Adirondack and Jacquarad Pinata Color inks and added them to my Mini Misters to "spray" on glossy cardstock.

I then took my white gel pen and doodled on some black card stock that I tore into pieces.  Next, tore the Citra-Solve paper into strips, glued it to the alcohol ink background and then placed the torn black cardstock onto the card.

Finally I cut out some images, went over the images with a black .01 Prism ink pen and glued them onto the cards.  They turned out rather well and I like the effect the different techniques have as a background.

These cards were posted for 2011 Project 365 for the following days:

February 4
February 5
February 6


  1. These are great! We would love to show them off on our ATC gallery page on our Website!
    You can contact me at Hope to hear from you, Melissa and the Citra Solv gang

  2. Thank you Melissa! I just sent you an e-mail.



Related Posts with Thumbnails