Tuesday, July 25, 2017

I Have This Desire to Explore


I really like how these two different cards turned out.  I'm learning to use the Mirror Image Stamping Tool by Unity Stamp Co. and, needless to say, still have a lot more to learn.  Oh, I received my Tim Holtz Stamp platform and, for the life of me, cant' figure out how I ever lived without it.  I thought it was way cheaper than another stamp platform and am so in love with it.  I'm not sure if I'll ever use another stamp block again.



Supplies used:
Unity Stamp Co. July 2017 SMAK kit
Unity Stamp Co. Mirror Image Stamping Tool
Card Stock
Twine
Silk Flowers
Kuretake Pearl Colors
Gina K Designs Ink Pads: Passionate Pink and Charcoal Brown
Twine
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs and Vintage Photo

I started out by stamping the flower image on a white piece of cardstock. Since I was just trying out my new stamp platform there really was no rhyme or reason for how I stamped, but I think it turned out marvelous.

Next I stamped the left edge with the butterflies from the July 2017 SMAK kit and then used the Mirror Image Stamping Tool to stamp the butterflies on the right.  After that I stamped the "I have this desire to explore" stamp in the upper left hand corner.

I used Tim Holtz distress inks listed above and went around each of the outer edges.  Then I wrapped some twine around three times, because you know that is the magic number, and tied a bow.

I glued some silk flowers, I bought two months ago and have been dying to use, to the bottom right corner of each one.

Finally, I used my tape gun and adhered one to one piece of magenta card stock and used circle pop dots to adhere the other one.  I like the look of the one with the pop up dots better.  By the way, I picked up a package of circle adhesive at the dollar store. Every time I go in there I buy them out because you never know if they'll have them again.

I finished off the card by taking a Gold Gel pen to add random dots within the butterflies and to the "i"s in the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails