Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our Fine Feathered Friends Swap

I was invited to join another art doll swap.  I was really excited to find out that it was about birds!  I made four bird dolls and they all turned out very colorful and pretty.  I drew each bird and then used watercoloring for coloring the birds.  I then used my permanent markers and outlined and added the details.

I haven't even begun to pretend to know how to watercolor, but I sure do like the effect.  I tried some different techniques like using a watercolor pencil to "draw" in the wet watercolor.  This can be seen on the parrot.

I really enjoyed making these birds and just wish I knew the name of the bird that hangs upside down.

Jungle Fancy Pigeon

Jungle Parrot

Jungle Blue Bird
Hanging Tropical Bird


2 comments:

  1. Look how cute the entire group is together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had alot of fun making these and they are so much prettier in real life. Scans just don't do them justice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails