Friday, May 11, 2012

Mixed Media Collage

Wow, it's been a while since I've done any collage work and I have this box sitting next to me of stuff that was just asking to be put together.  Last night I was able to make four cards and I was really happy with how they turned out.  They all incorporated a piece of a sheet I put together from a YouTube video I watched like over a year ago. 

Basically, you take all of your scrap paper and start gluing, with gel medium, down to a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper.  You can tear the extra paper, cut it, do whatever you want, but you have to fill up the entire piece of paper.  Then when that is dry, you take out large stamps, preferably ones with wording, and start stamp all over the sheet.

When all is said and done, you then cut the sheet down to 2.5 x 3.5 pieces to use as the background for ATCs.  I kept the "extras" and this is what I used on the cards I made last night.

Follow Your Heart

Sweet Child of Mine

Hearts Flutter

Flower Vine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails