Thursday, March 22, 2012

Politics! Everyone's Got An Opinion!

Peas in a Pod...
 Typically, I stay out of political and religious discussions.  It never bodes well for anyone that is, I guess, liberal.  However, I would like to point out that everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to said opinion.  My Alumni, Colorado Technical University, recently posted on FaceBook a link to an article that displayed 22 Executives and what the best advice was that they had ever received.

Having been a business owner myself, I wondered what it was that set those familiar and successful people aside from people like, who only wished we could be like them.  So, I proceeded to read each and everyone of the 22 executive advicements and the one that stood out for the most was the one by Mohamed El-Erian, CEO and co-chief investment officer, PIMCO.

He said "I remember asking my father, 'Why do we need four newspapers?' He said to me, 'Unless you read different points of view, your mind will eventually close, and you'll become a prisoner to a certain point of view that you'll never question.'"  From a 2009 interview with CNN Money

Wow, that was so profound for me.  Know why?  Because lately everyone is so fixated on their opinions about the war, Israel, the United States deficit, etc. and it seems like it is only on the negative.  It also seems that as humans, by nature, we look to blame those that are in charge because we don't like how something has turned out or where it is going.

So, before you consider someone's elses opinion or assume that something someone says is GOLD, remember there are different points of view and you don't want to become imprisoned by only that point of view.  Research and talk to others so that you can form an educated opinion of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails