Friday, February 6, 2009

Is Macrame Really Back?

I love Macrame!! I used to do Macrame with my dad back in the late 70's. My dad and a friend of his made this HUGE book shelf using large hemp cord and finished wood shelves. I would sit and watch them work on it. I am trying to find a picture to post but I'm not having any luck.

Anyhoo, I've been back on the Macrame kick and am learning some new techniques. Well, they're not really new, I just never tried to attempt them before. I've created 3 new necklaces using the basic half knot and the square knot. I also created a bracelet, which I am still needing to add beads to, with the clove hitch. I'll post the picture when I get it finished.





Next, I am going to be learning Chinese knots. They are not only gorgeous, but I can use them on my smurses!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Chinese ladders - I use them alot when I do keychains!! These are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! I'm hoping to use the Chinese knots on my smurses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails