Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Washi Tape Storage Options!

I just read an article of how a crafter used cookie trays to store her washi tape.  Don't get me wrong I love to recycle just as much as the next person, but I have found that sometimes the recycled containers just don't hold up and then there is the whole cleaning it, drying it, and so on.  So, this post is about some wonderful products that can be used to store your washi tape and are reasonably priced.




We Are Memory Keepers Washi Tape Dispenser

Cost: approx $25.00

This particular washi tape storage is what I first started out with and for a while it worked great.  Then my stash of washi tape kept growing, so I had to find something that would store more tape.  This is like a merry-go-round tape dispenser and I guess you could put the rolls of washi tape that you use the most on it and store the other rolls in a box, but I wanted to also be able to see what colors, patterns, etc. I had.  Looking at the photo I realize now that the washi tape I started out with as a beginner was wide and is probably why I couldn't fit more than one roll in each slot.

Overall, this is a great tool for any beginner just starting out with washi tape.  You can always get one of these and if you decide that you really like using washi tape and your collection grows you can always just keep the most used washi tape in this dispenser and have it sit on your desk. I'm so glad that I kept mine, as I just realized what an awesome idea that would be.


Wooden Washi Tape Storage

Cost: $22.80

This particular storage box is handmade and sells in Foryoubest's Etsy shop.  It appears to hold a lot of rolls of washi tape and is another fine example of how to store your tape.  They also have some other options like a wooden box with a lid, a plastic container with a lid, etc.  When figuring out what type of storage you want for your washi tape there are a number of things to think about.  Like how big is your crafting space, do you want it hanging on the wall, can you add to it later as your collection grows, and what are you willing to spend?  That last one is always an important factor for me, as I do not want to pay high dollar for something that I may not end up using.


CraftStack™ Classic Washi Tape Organizer

Cost: $39.99 (On sale or with a coupon $23.99)

You can purchase this one at Michaels at the regular price of $39.99 or you can use your 40% off coupon and get it for $23.99, which is the current selling price.  I did purchase this organizer and it holds a ton of tape (I've outgrown mine already) and I love how the drawers slide out and down, so I can look at the vast array of colors and designs.

If you are so inclined to make your own washi tape storage there is a huge selection of tutorials and guides over on Pinterest.  I do not personally have time to make anything, but more power to those that can.

Thanks for visiting,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails