Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ATC Holder Tutorial

I haven't done a tutorial in like forever, but someone asked me to show off my ATC holder that I send my swap cards in.  So, I made a pdf with pictures and step-by-step instructions to show how to make them.  If you would like a pdf version of this e-mail me at tlsexton1969@gmail.com and I will gladly send you one.

I use them over and over again and like how they fit right inside a legal size envelope.

             
TUTORIAL
Artist Trading Card (ATC) Holder
© Copyright Tammy L. Sexton 2012

What you will need:
·         Scoring Board with Scoring Tool
·         Ruler
·         8.5” x 11” Piece of Card Stock
·         Pencil
·         Stapler
·         Tape
·         ATC (2.5” x 3.5”)
Step 1: Lay the 8.5 x 11 sheet of card stock on the scoring board landscape and put the ATC to the farthest left side. Make a mark with the pencil at 2.75” for the first score line.
Step 2: Move the ATC to just right of the first score line and make a mark with the pencil at 5.5”. This is the second score line.
Step 3: Move the ATC to just right of the second score line, lay the ATC landscape, and make a mark with the pencil at 9.25”. This is the third score line.


Step 4: Take the scoring tool and score the card stock at each mark previously made.


Step 5: Fold the paper at each score line, so that there is a flap on both ends.

Step 6: Tape the outer side of each of the flaps.
Step 7: Place the ATC in the folded and taped side that is shorter than the other side and staple just to the right of the ATC.
Step 8: Place the ATC in the other folded and taped side that is shorter than the other side and staple just to the left of the ATC.
Final Step: Once all of the ATCs are in the holder, simply fold the holder in half and insert into any standard size legal envelope.

Tip: You can use this holder for ATC swaps or personal trades.  I put a label, SASE, and/or postage in the middle before I put it in the envelope to mail out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails